Calcium Reactor

drnecropolis

Market
Reaction score
How hard are they to maintain and dial in right..I have been dosing 3 part and thats getting old...Any info on pros/cons

Got any recomdations on brand or how much one will cost all thogether..Not trying to cheap out but being out of work since march I have to try and save as much as I can

Its really worth the money I was dosing daily and havent had to since I got the reactor 4 months ago. Plus I havent touched the reactor in months since it was dialed in. Im so happy about that.

It's cheaper in the long run to use a reactor. You'll not only save money, but time.

I reccomend MRC

Skriz;216017 wrote: It's cheaper in the long run to use a reactor. You'll not only save money, but time.

I reccomend MRC
Im sure you do...lol
I was wanting one of those MRC shirts but never saw them for pickup

Ditto on MRC unit, how big a tank are we talking about, and what have your Ca and alk requirements (how much have you been using) been as of late? What is growing in the tank that uses calcium?

tdwyatt;216035 wrote: Ditto on MRC unit, how big a tank are we talking about, and what have your Ca and alk requirements (how much have you been using) been as of late? What is growing in the tank that uses calcium?
180 tank 55 sump..All my sps died so I just have got some new peices so Im not using that much cal right now..Im thinking ahead

DrNecropolis;216021 wrote: Im sure you do...lol
I was wanting one of those MRC shirts but never saw them for pickup

Lol! This is an honest opinion...they are really nice reactors. Even endorsed by the one and only Tom Wyatt!

Shirt? No problem. I'll be sure to include one in your order! :)

I learned the hard way. Do it right the first time and you'll save yourself a ton of aggravation and money.

DrNecropolis;216046 wrote: 180 tank 55 sump..All my sps died so I just have got some new peices so Im not using that much cal right now..Im thinking ahead
What i your goal for the tank? Will it be stony reeftop corals and clams" If so, you will want something along the lines of a CR6 (dual large chambers) and the controller as mentioned earlier. It will be a fairly maintenance-free setup once dialed in, and they are fairly easy to dial in. I have a similiar setup in my 80 display, only problem will be that even with a large reactor, if the tank si using a lot of calcium, you will need to recharge the reactor every 6 months or so, so buy aragonite in bulk (50 lb bags) for economy of scale. I will recommend that you also get a separate Pinpoint pH meter for the tank water to monitor system pH in the presence of ANY CO2-driven calcium reactor.

HTH

Back