Camera

sagent3000

Market
Reaction score
what kind of camera are you guys using??? i have a kodak easy share and its a struggle to get good pictures. the picture below is the best i got out of 10 attempts
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
170735=10539-100_2370.jpg
>
170735=10539-100_2370.jpg
class="gc-images" title="100_2370.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

It looks like the camera focused on the glass instead of your subject. Clean glass and a dark room will help with this problem.

A DSLR is really a huge step up from a point-and-shoot. With newer models coming out frequently, the price drops on the older models. I think you can get a Canon XTi (the camera I use) for about $550 now. Who knows what you can pick up the older Canon XT for?
IMO, if you want good photos, a DSLR is the way to go, and price is almost a non-issue now.

It also looks like you used the flash. Try not using the flash for that type of picture.

DSLR is the way to go IF you are going to spend the money on a good lense (macro) and you are going to bother to learn how to use it (using the preset setting doesn't count)

Otherwise, you can get good pics from a point and shoot. Like Bryan said, you'll need to help your situation by having a clean tank! Also, no matter what camera you have, you will still take 90% crap; but that's the beauty of digital.

a>pics were taken by a point and shoot (I think)

Skriz;170747 wrote: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaylas/">These </a>pics were taken by a point and shoot (I think)[/QUOTE]

That's affirmative - those were all taken with a point and shoot, in RAW mode. I'm not quite sure how she did it, but it does go to show how good your pictures can be with even basic equipment...

mojo;170748 wrote: That's affirmative - those were all taken with a point and shoot, in RAW mode. I'm not quite sure how she did it, but it does go to show how good your pictures can be with even basic equipment...

see i need to learn how to work my point and shoot like that. those pictures are wonderful. i see that the room is completle dark. i am going to try that when i get home, i am going to cut off all the lights tv and close the shade and take pics

Back