Can I Have a Montipora?

curator

Market
Reaction score
I'm interested in trying a montipora, however I keep getting told that with my 72 watt Biocube 29, that they will turn brown, no matter what color they start out as. I thought when Dana Riddle spoke, he said they don't need as much light as we think.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

~Thanks

I would like to hear others thoughts on this too, because I have 72watts over my 14g BC.

Try an orange cap and see. They are fairly indestructable and I've never seen one totally brown out. May be a little duller but should stay orange.

kwl1763;125113 wrote: Try an orange cap and see. They are fairly indestructable and I've never seen one totally brown out. May be a little duller but should stay orange.

I had one growing well in my stock 24g nanocube, so I think you'll be fine with monti caps.

I had my orange monti under PC's in a 33g before moving it to a 55g with MH/T'5s. It was orange under the PC's. I did have it near the top though.

I have TONS of brown with purple rim montis. It is VERY hardy and you are welcome to stop by and pick up a free peice.

Back