Candy cane update

Jeremey’s reef

Reaction score
So I took some of you guys words into perspective in regards to my kryptonite Candy Cane frag and I can already can tell a difference one day after changes were made. I did a 8 gal. Water change on my 29 gal. And move the coral from the middle of the tank to the right of the tank. For the first time since purchasing the frag I finally notice the feeder tentacles were out after the lights went out for the night, this is a encouraging sign that I could be headed in the right direction. The candy cane did suffer some tissue loss and is not looking as appealing as most candy canes. My question to you guys is can this frag regain is tissue under proper care or am I at a loss. This is my third time within the past six months of attempting to keep this particular frag and I have been unfortunate in the past two instances. My lack of experience is showing in abundance but I really want this guy in my tank, I just love the look of it.

I'm not sure exactly how much tissue you lost, but it COULD regrow the tissue that was lost. However, the tissue will probably stay where it's at and the frag will just grow bigger. Good luck!

Dylan

When first starting out doing reef tanks I remember buying some pretty ruff looking frags at very low prices. I had bought candy canes that were dying and they fully recovered once in my tanks. Heres hoping for yours!

When first starting out doing reef tanks I remember buying some pretty ruff looking frags at very low prices. I had bought candy canes that were dying and they fully recovered once in my tanks. Heres hoping for yours!
This particular frag has declined more in the past week. More tissue lost but is the only coral that seems unhappy.

Back