Canopy or No?

walterp1982

Market
Reaction score
So I got me a reefbreeder photon, and I'm trying to decide if I should keep the canopy.
The mounting will be very easy, and won't get in the way. Aesthetically, which do you prefer? Living room setting.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1032701=61650-image.jpg
>
1032701=61650-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Without
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1032702=61651-image.jpg
>
1032702=61651-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I like it without, but I would hang it from something. The legs don't do it for me for some reason, but that's just me

i like it with the canopy. but if you're gonna leave the canopy off i agree with benjamin about the legs. if you cant hang it from the ceiling you could always run conduit from the back of the stand up and over the light fixture and hang it from that!

You're going to get more light spilling out into the living room without, and you'll probably want to add some screen tops to keep fish in. Personally, I think rimmed tanks look better when they have a canopy.

if you view your tank from a seated position you're going to miss the canopy. As the bright light will tend to catch your eye. At least that has been my experience.

Back