Can't find Pheonix 14k

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
well, a few threads I dug up said they are discontinued, which is a bummer, but you'd THINK they would still be a round.

Looking for pheonix 14k 250w HQI.

I suppose I could try an alternate lamp, but the Pheonix is just what I remember liking as a stand alone lamp last time I had MH.

B.

pheonix bulbs really only looked good run on electric ballasts and oddly only the 150w ones had good color...and the best color ive ever seen out of a halide period. But they are gone now.

If you have a magnetic ballast a radium 20k would be a good choice.

Over driven radiums are pretty much the best Ive found for halide color, but I will end up with supplemental lighting to even the color out. I wouldnt expect to get perfect color and decent light levels out of a halide without some kind of supplemental lighting.

after the backlash they decided to start making them again. From what I've heard, they should be available beginning of next month.

EnderG60;1033901 wrote: pheonix bulbs really only looked good run on electric ballasts and oddly only the 150w ones had good color...and the best color ive ever seen out of a halide period. But they are gone now.

If you have a magnetic ballast a radium 20k would be a good choice.

Over driven radiums are pretty much the best Ive found for halide color, but I will end up with supplemental lighting to even the color out. I wouldnt expect to get perfect color and decent light levels out of a halide without some kind of supplemental lighting.

They don't make a DE 250w radium (trust me, i've looked), and the 150w phoenix were never discontinued. It was only the 250s.

I tried a knockoff that the online seller said was similar and it stunk. I have not been able to find a normal price Phoenix 14k either.

I saw some on amazon the other day, but the price was way high. Hopefully specialty optical will start carrying them again soon. They had the best prices I've found.

only one left...

ref=sr_1_2

Declanisadog;1033929 wrote: only one left...

http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Electric-Company-Aquarium-150-watt/dp/B003JO6HN8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432140715&sr=8-2&keywords=phoenix+250+watt">Amazon.com : Phoenix Electric Company Metal Halide HQI 14000K DE Bulb for Aquarium, 150-watt : Aquarium Lights : Pet Supplies</a>[/QUOTE]

still its 150w

SnowManSnow;1033944 wrote: still its 150w

It gives you the option to select 250w under where it says

Want it tomorrow, May 21? Order within 3 hrs 48 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

Back