capachino bay fish store

CP was in Marietta and closed a few months ago. Not too sure about LFS in your area...Keen Reef is close though in Decatur.

flyingarmy;245497 wrote: CP was in Marietta and closed a few months ago. Not too sure about LFS in your area...Keen Reef is close though in Decatur.

Trigger;245502 wrote: Blue planet Aquariums under the sponsor Forum.

those are the only two I know of. if you find another let me know.

What ever happened to CBA anyways? They were my favorite store, then one day they just disappeared???

Anybody know?

CGill311;245555 wrote: What ever happened to CBA anyways? They were my favorite store, then one day they just disappeared???

Anybody know?

They went out of business.

ares;245683 wrote: I got the impression there was a bit more drama to it than that. but I guess thats all that really matters.

alot of new stores have popped up recently though. in retrospect they were really expensive...

I have seen a dozen post saying "drama" or other behind the scene trouble.

What does that mean? No one has actualyl said what happened.

ares;245683 wrote: I got the impression there was a bit more drama to it than that. but I guess thats all that really matters.

alot of new stores have popped up recently though. in retrospect they were really expensive...

If Bobby or Jeff want to air out their dirty laundry here they can, but I certainly won't.
They were cheaper than the store on JF road and the quality was better.

Fish;245687 wrote: I have seen a dozen post saying "drama" or other behind the scene trouble.

What does that mean? No one has actualyl said what happened.

Does it really matter or are you just the guy rubber necking on the highway?

I thought their prices on frags and most drygoods were great--heck-if you're looking for cheapie softies you couldn't beat $5 or $10! fish were kinda high, but all in all a great store (IMO)

theplatypus;245690 wrote: Does it really matter or are you just the guy rubber necking on the highway?

Since there is so much talk about it I was curious, no need for you to get all pissy.

Fish;245692 wrote: Since there is so much talk about it I was curious, no need for you to get all pissy.

Sorry man didn't mean for that to come across as pissy. In my opinion if you know any of those guys personally they might tell you, if not let a sleeping dog lie.

I'd say a lot of the drama is similar to the high school type---hype and hearsay. I worked there, adn many things I have heard are absolutely not true, to my knowledge.

corvettecris;245703 wrote: I'd say a lot of the drama is similar to the high school type---hype and hearsay. I worked there, adn many things I have heard are absolutely not true, to my knowledge.

I only know what Bobby has told me and as we know there are always two sides to every story. As hobbiests it sucks for us as they were far and away the best store coral and clam wise around it just wasn't even close. For the last year or so they were really just a shadow of their former selves.

ares;245714 wrote: I imagine your probably right.

I always loved going to cap bay. HUGE selection, but yeah, SPS frags started at like 40 or 50$ I think. which WAS fine, but lots of the new places meh, no point to it really, they are gone. sad to see any store go, lose 1 more option. and they had just a HUGE selection whenever I went, very diverse and interesting.

In their heyday they had a huge selection(100's) of sps frags for $19 or 3 for $49. The longer of the two tanks to the right of the 8'x8' tank was packed with sps frags.

Sigh
I miss my Saturday morning treks to CB.

This was my favorite store bar none. I drive past that place daily and it never fails to break my heart. For some reason I can't help peering over at it to see if its open... Even though I should know better, I keep hoping to see the warm bluish white glow emanating into the streets... Alas...

There actually was quite a bit of drama surrounding CB and some very unhappy people when the dust settled. For a while, el Presidenta was even banned from the store. I thought they had a beautiful store at one point, but they also had some ridiculous pricing on a lot of corals.

I guess Cbay changed alot over time, but I always thought their pricing was pretty darn good. Occasionally there might have been an overvalued one, but compared to many stores, they were right on.

I do have to say, during the time I worked there, Deb and Jeff both were very concerned with customer satisfaction, especially Deb, and honestly tried very hard to cater to any customers needs. Bobby was a good guy too, but probably a better manager than a customer service associate. He was pretty straight forward and to the point, which people who dont know him might take as a little condecending.

Cap bay was my fav store just because the price vs selection ratio was great IMO. I miss it as much as Jin.

Back