Caribsea Life Rock

sidvicious

Market
Reaction score
Just got a new Red Sea Max 250 and in the process of setting it up. Have it filled along with 40 pounds of live sand but now looking to add my rock and came across this stuff. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with it, looks absolutely stunning. For the record if anyone is on the fence about whether to get a Red Sea Max or not I can easily say this is the best quality, designed and all of the above tank I've ever purchased, amazing to say the least.

I like the Caribsea lr but I would go base rock if I were setting up a new tank just to try and minimize the risk of pest.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I just ordered a 40 pound box and if I like it will go ahead and order another 40 pounds and should be golden. That's the thing I like about it though, after watching numerous videos on it apparently it's rock mined out of Florida and it goes through a process where they paint it to make it look like coraline and also do what they call a bacteria dip which makes it somewhat live apparently. Definitely intrigued and the price was spot on. Appreciate the input Brandon.

We used it as the only lr in our original tank. As we have upgraded, we have added traditional live rock but we still have our life rock. It did its job and seeded the bacteria. There is no pest risk because it is man made. We did add some extra bacteria to start the cycle. One of the bottles kinds but overall, we had a great start with the life rock.

Don't be alarmed when you first put it in water, there will be some bubbles that come out of the rock. It is just from their process. Ours didn't do it for very long. Maybe a day or so that I remember.

Awesome thank you for that input, can't wait to get it in. That was one of the biggest reasons for me getting was the pest side of things, just my luck I'd buy live rock and start with a couple pests then next thing you know I'm being overrun with nuisance pests. Not my cup of tea to say the least, the colors just really shocked me. Thank you

I put it in my tank.It worked great and apparently their process of spraying bacteria also has the benefit that no algae is growing on it.

Back