case of the missing regal tang

russ-iv

Market
Reaction score
woke up.
did roll call.
no regal tang.

checked overflows, sump, moved rock work, checked around the perimeter of the tank, hood.

nothing.

not like you can miss a 4" fish.

ammonia, nitrites 0
nitrate still .5 ppm.

weirdness. like he was beamed out by aliens lol

Be careful when moving the rock work. I know that my regals love to sleep in the crevices. Wouldn't want to accidentally smash it. Also if by chance it died... Depending on your clean up crew they would make a quick meal of it. Hopefully that's not the case and you just missed it somewhere.

Cantare00;1042629 wrote: Also if by chance it died... Depending on your clean up crew they would make a quick meal of it. Hopefully that's not the case and you just missed it somewhere.

Agreed - clean up crews can get rid of the evidence quickly.

How was it eating? Was it a fat fish?

super active yesterday morning. always swimming with the wrasse and yellow tang.

my cuc is comprised of snails and 1 cleaner shrimp.
i doubt my pistol would help out on the feast either.

all fish wake up at 6:00 am. i waited til 7:00 before i started feeding to see if he would get out lf his "home" but nothing. these guys are pretty predictable. usually the yellow tang and blue tang come out, and i wait for the wrasse to wake up and then feed. he is always the one waking up late.

i couldnt do a "full" tear down of the tank because of work. but i did pop off a couple tests while i was checking some rocks.

2mg3uc1.jpg
alt="" />

missing persons evidently beamed him back in.

wtf?

was probably sleeping peacefully until some giant tried to move his home. Sometimes if you scare them they will wedge themselves into the rock work. I've had fish stay in the rock even after I removed it from the tank. Glad to see it doing well.

Cantare00;1042772 wrote: was probably sleeping peacefully until some giant tried to move his home. Sometimes if you scare them they will wedge themselves into the rock work. I've had fish stay in the rock even after I removed it from the tank. Glad to see it doing well.

yeah the tang has been wedging himself in a new spot everytime i came up to the tank. think i gotta re-establish that im the food guy. everything was business-as-usual this morning. but i can tell i scared him a bit. hopefully he'll forget in a few weeks.

Cantare00;1042772 wrote: was probably sleeping peacefully until some giant tried to move his home. Sometimes if you scare them they will wedge themselves into the rock work. I've had fish stay in the rock even after I removed it from the tank. Glad to see it doing well.

That's the easiest way to catch a fish, didn't you know? :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Back