Casualties from your reef war!

rostato

Market
Reaction score
I know many, if not all of us have killed a coral or two. This thread is to show off some of your (or your tanks inhabitants) handy work.

I just had my first SPS die, and it wasnt my fault...I swear!

My new Regal tang decided to make it's bed in my frag rack and while sleeping pushed Jason's birds nest frag that I have been growing for like 3 months into my Starry night Acro, and the Acro won. It started out as a 1/2 in frag 3 months ago, it's a shame!

DSC01645.jpg
alt="" />

I show'd mine, now show me yours!

I will post some pics of soem xenia I am slowly killing too.

Come on, lets make a depressing topic somewhat useful...:thumbs:

Chris, come on over. I have some of Jason's birdsnest. He gave me huge piece. I'll break some off for you.

I while back i bought some frags from a fellow member and he threw in a free acro frag saying it was "fast growning easy to keep and hard to kill</em>"......i showed him.
P314028920090314_01.jpg
alt="" />

My gorgeous Hawkin's Blue fell onto a toadstool leather. The result was not</em> pretty. I loved that coral. :(

What about resurrections? I have a turbinaria that was deader than dirt, but it fell behind some rocks and I didn't feel like disassembling everything for it. Finally went to retrieve it, pick it up, and there's bright yellow polyps sticking out.

Do you need a replacement piece?

I might be able to frag a piece!

PC120009.jpg
alt="" />

PC120008.jpg
alt="" />

Dang that's a huge birdsnest! No I don't need a replacement, although mine is not that pink. Yours is NICE!

I have a nise small colony that I can frag again. I ment Jason as in JAustin in Valdosta. I fragged that for him a while back, and have been waiting to meet with him.

Keep the pics coming. I know Jeezem have some very depressing skeletons...

Um, Chris, I think I'll let you get some more from Jason! I will, however, be happy to pick it up for you next time I see him.

Thats cool with me. Oh, and only two of the rics lived. I really don't know what happened.

au01st;307284 wrote: What about resurrections? I have a turbinaria that was deader than dirt, but it fell behind some rocks and I didn't feel like disassembling everything for it. Finally went to retrieve it, pick it up, and there's bright yellow polyps sticking out.

Sure show how dead it was and then present day.

I do, but have only started sps in the last couple of months. Have been lucky enough not to kill any yet! Fingers crossed! Got new 14K Phoenix bulbs right after you left, hopefully all my stuff will color up even better now! Your pocci frag was out and about very shortly after you left!

Yeah that pocilliopora is a great beginner coral. I have been only doing SPS for about 3-4 months now, and this was my first casualty.

Back