Catching a green coris wrasse

donniea1800

Market
Reaction score
Hey has anyone had experience with trying to catch a large wrasse? He always dives in the sand when scared so I think this will be a challenge. He is a good fish but is getting to large so I am giving him to someone with a bigger tank that he will be happier in. The tank is a 50 gallon so there is not much room for netting. Would a a fish trap work? Should I watch him dive into the sand and try to scoop him out from the sand? Any ideas are appreciated. The less stress for him and me the better.

donniea1800;941614 wrote: Hey has anyone had experience with trying to catch a large wrasse? He always dives in the sand when scared so I think this will be a challenge. He is a good fish but is getting to large so I am giving him to someone with a bigger tank that he will be happier in. The tank is a 50 gallon so there is not much room for netting. Would a a fish trap work? Should I watch him dive into the sand and try to scoop him out from the sand? Any ideas are appreciated. The less stress for him and me the better.

Look up bottle fish trap. I have caught wrasses several times using it. It might take a day or 2 then I just add some food in the container and sit and watch. Its cheap and easy and works pretty good. A 2 liter bottle and fishing line

I use the soda bottle trap also. I just caught a green coris with one the other day. If you don't feed for a.day or so before I find they get caught faster!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

I used the bottle trap with pretty good success in catching every fish in the tank with the exception of the one I wanted to catch. My foxface. It all worked out though as her bad behavior stopped.

Back