Cement for Rocks

LiveRock27;163106 wrote: Well that saves me from driving all over town to lfs or ordering it online. Thank you.
I did some research before I did it. I found other people using it with no problems. Like so many other things different packaging different pricing.

aqua mend is fine for reef. ive got two stick im using to bond rocks together.hard to beat. less then $3.00 at hd

2nd nature;163130 wrote: aqua mend is fine for reef. ive got two stick im using to bond rocks together.hard to beat. less then $3.00 at hd

How are you using it? Are you prepping the rock at all, like drilling little holes for adhesion, of just stick and... done?

my rock has a bunch of places for the epoxy to set.will also be using it to place frags.

I just tried the Silicone and it doesn't hold the rocks tight enough to make overhangs. Might work to place one rock on top of the other, but not for what I am looking for. Thanks for the suggestion though.
I am going to try and pick up some more epoxy from HD tomorrow and will post a pick of my first mountain tomorrow afternoon, so yall can laugh at what I made.
P.S. Zip ties work great too.

corvettecris;163109 said:
Hmm, I was wondering, because I was planning on this method. What kind of rods and where did you get them?
QUOTE]

I have heard of a lot of people cutting up pieces of plastic coat hangers to make the rods.

chull13;163156 wrote:
I have heard of a lot of people cutting up pieces of plastic coat hangers to make the rods.
I might have to try this. Thanks for the suggestion. Another thing I have heard of is using the plastic rods for window blinds.

Back