Chalice I'd

mikesmith34

Market
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what type of chalice was given out at the last meeting. Trying to keep accurate records of my corals and I forgot:unsure:

Help a brother out here
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
944855=52770-image.jpg
>
944855=52770-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Kind of looks like a "mars landing". Is the blue hue from the light?

Ringo®;944861 wrote: Kind of looks like a "mars landing". Is the blue hue from the light?

+1 its a wild colony, but it looks alot like gregs mars landing.

Gregs's Mars Landing is red with yellow eyes, I bought one from him at the auction in 2012. The chalice frag we received at the frag meeting is a translucent purple with yellow eyes. I have them about 10" apart to see if the colors darkens. If the color changes I will let you know. Holley:D

Raz0945;945048 wrote: Gregs's Mars Landing is red with yellow eyes, I bought one from him at the auction in 2012. The chalice frag we received at the frag meeting is a translucent purple with yellow eyes. I have them about 10" apart to see if the colors darkens. If the color changes I will let you know. Holley:D

I thought they said at the meeting that this was Greg's Mars Landing that was donated for the fragging demonstration.

I did not hear that but I thought they said it had been ordered special for the meeting. Maybe Rick,Josh or one of the others in the know will chime in!

hmm... my is not that purple at all. Mine is more of a burgundy color, if anything closer to a watermelon chalice color. I'll have to snap a pic tomorrow when my whites lights are on.

Raz0945;945065 wrote: I did not hear that but I thought they said it had been ordered special for the meeting. Maybe Rick,Josh or one of the others in the know will chime in!

Yours looks to be spreading out across the disk. Mine looks healthy but not much growth. Where do you have yours in relation to the light placement. I have zero chalice experience. I have mine kinda on the side of a rock out of the direct light.

I have mine on the bottom with a little shade I have been bringing it into the higher light (MH &T-5's on a 125g), it was very pale so i didn't want to burn it. :)

Raz0945;945085 wrote: I have mine on the bottom with a little shade I have been bringing it into the higher light (MH &T-5's on a 125g), it was very pale so i didn't want to burn it. :)

Thanx it sounds like my placement is good then. It get shaded indirect mh and t5 lighting.

Here's mine

I think my LED intensities were b40/rb40/w100
13436401363_a97f641857.jpg
alt="" />

I'll grab my DSLR tonight when I get home for a pic.

Your's looks bigger than mine and has better color, could the Led's give better color to the chalice?:yes:

Mine looked rough at first. I've been traveling a lot lately and noticed last night it was starting to grow over the rock I stuck it on. Could just be since it is larger the colors are starting to come back faster?

Back