Changing DI Resin

Oh no, the comment wasn't directed at you my friend. Now that I re-read what I wrote, it sure seemed does seem like it. I was trying to make a joke about myself, seriously, even if it didn't read quite that way. The original topic has absolutely been covered and I really am curious if my whole house 5 micron is adequate. My RODI starts with a 1 micron sediment filter but another way of looking at it is that I have a 5 micron and then a 1 micron but the 5 is for the whole house.

I've kept a bunch of spent DI and will be recharging it soon. Don't think I'll need to buy any new for quite some time.
Silicates are our biggest problem in NOGA, well other than chloramines. Silicates will not change the color of the mixed bed resin.

I typically like to stay on topic for the sake of the OP but since that's me, I don't mind. Is 5 micron whole-house sediment filter adequate? I change mine, I don't know, may twice a year? I figure it's a decent way to keep out some of the bigger particle and it definitely block a tremendous amount of rust-colored gunk.
I have a 20mic,10,5 and a DI resinbprefilter set up before my BRS RODI 4 stage . I change it all once a yr . I'm on a well so sediment is my issue. Always reads 0ppm on my meter .

Even if silicates were to get past your RODI system, don't they just feed sponges?

Back