Cheato Reactor

o0o_the_mutt_o0o

Supporting
Reaction score
I set up a cheato reactor a few weeks ago and since then my reactor seems to be growing more cyno than cheato. Has anyone else had this issue, and what can I do to correct it? 
Tw44b871p2rvd9k1lsqmewadh2ljm6qus.jpg
alt="20171220_134427" />

Yup you need waterproof 5 red to 1 blue leds.  You can find 15m strips on amazon for about $20 to $30.  I just ordered two sets and may have 1 extra available.

Tudn9b29ca8n43p2scsahgtegcz4ij2p4.jpg
alt="Snapseed" />

So the light I have on there now isn't sufficient enough huh? If you have an extra lying around please let me know. Thanks

Not enough light and Chaeto prefers red & blue color spectrums.  As soon as they are delivered Ill send you a pm.  :)

Not to steal the thread, but would you mind sending the amazon purchase link? I found some lights online, but many people have had issues with them, so I'll take your word for what you got. :)

Brett, how long have you been running yours? I've heard of people having the lights causing heat stress and cracks to the acrylic reactors. Yours seems to be a bit thicker than TLF150 reactors though.

The ones I used are commercial grade reactors.  The leds do get a bit warm.  But, never experienced any ideas issues with cracking.  I would recommend running them for 12 hrs.  There are remote controlled / manually dimmable or just standard which can be plugged into a timer.  I made the mistake of buying one set from walmart and had an issue with one strip.  But, it maybe the transformer.

https://www.amazon.com/Lahoku-16-4ft-300LEDs-Waterproof-Spectrum/dp/B0745BXD6L/ref=sr_1_36?ie=UTF8&qid=1515529919&sr=8-36&keywords=Waterproof+led+strips+red+%2F+blue

The ones one mine are from walmart and this odd my 3rd set,  all of them go out after about 10 pushes of three remote.

Back