check out what i picked up from work (pics)

thekid55

Market
Reaction score
tricolor tree coral.

treecoral002.jpg
alt="" />
treecoral001.jpg
alt="" />

I need to get a job at a pet store....

nah...i'd probably end up writing them a check every friday instead of them giving me one!:shades:

Tree coral and carnation are the same thing. And no they don't like light... :(

After seeing this tank I realy whated one but after reading more about them, they need to be given a large diet of plankton and are very hard to keep for any time.
tank2.jpg
alt="" />

By the way I think this tank crashed last year.

kzoo;61514 wrote: After seeing this tank I realy whated one but after reading more about them, they need to be given a large diet of plankton and are very hard to keep for any time.
tank2.jpg
alt="" />

what??? it has been doing fine at the store with no food

kzoo;61514 wrote: After seeing this tank I realy whated one but after reading more about them, they need to be given a large diet of plankton and are very hard to keep for any time.
tank2.jpg
alt="" />

I think you're confusing this tnak with Steve Weasts (
a>).  This tank is a Japanese tank that gets seawater flow through.  It's a rather famous tank for it's marvelous aquascaping.

You may be right on the tank crash, but if that is a carnation its not well. Hope it does well for you.

The carnation is a Dendronepthya. It's doesn't 'hate' light, it's just not light dependant. They are extremely heavy filter feeders, which makes them hard to keep. The reason it appears so open, is that it is trying to feed. Put it in decent flow and target feed it daily with DT's Live Phytoplankton. Just watch your NO3 with daily feedings.

well im not going to feed the thing everyday put il put him in some good. flow and feed once aweek.

If your not willing to feed it everyday like it needs to be feed ,they why even keep it, So you can watch it Die. IF your not willing to care for a coral then dont put it in your tank.

casper75;61702 wrote: If your not willing to feed it everyday like it needs to be feed ,they why even keep it, So you can watch it Die. IF your not willing to care for a coral then dont put it in your tank.

i have watched him in the tank at the store he has been doing fine without food. i belive it will be able to live and thrive in a tank when only feed once aweek. if i see any signs of it doing poorly i can just grab some DTs at work and feed him everyday.

I'm not sure about feeding every day, but it does need to be fed several times a week. I kept one sucessfully for a long time, feeding about 3 times a week using the coke bottle method. Unfortunately I lost it when my nano crashed by a large dying colt.

Pretty corals, but very hard to keep.

treecoral006.jpg
alt="" />

that is what kinda looks bad but no offence ok just trying to point it out if it stays like that then you have to feed it more

Back