chiller setup

sailfish

Market
Reaction score
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">I am setting up 1/3 current chiller.</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Problem my setup sump and all is in a closest and they say it need free air flow.</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Anybody have ideas?</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">The door already has 4 = 4” x 8” vents in it. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Is this enough? I figure not but was wondering if I hooked up an exhaust fan and run it outside if this would be enough. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">You guys that have exhaust is it on timer or leave running how’s it setup?</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">If anybody has any ideas I would be grateful.</span></span>
<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman';">I have a mag 5 pump to run it</span>

I would probably mount a box fan or something similar to the inside of the closet door, so that air is being forced into the closet. I'd also make sure there is a vent somewhere, so that air can freely leave the closet. This should give you more airflow.

On second thought, and exhaust fan that kicks on when the chiller turns on might be a better idea. Try it out, and monitor the temp. of your closet. If it gets too hot, you may need to add a fan for more ventilation. Also, you should be able to wire a relay switch from your chiller to the exahust fan- that way the fan won't have to stay on 24/7.

Back