Chipped Glass On Tank...please Advise.

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
FI!
I will post a pic tonight.

Anyone interested in helping me before then, send me an email at <u>cdunlap&penskeautomotive.com</u> and I will reply with the pic.

Thanks!

HERE IT IS!

361462470_WUsqd-L.jpg
alt="" />

dawgdude;212682 wrote: I would be very worried about that seal giving way since its right there. From the pic I wouldnt risk it but see if you can get a pic from the inside of the tank.

She sent one from inside the tank...but you cant even see it. I am just going to head up there an see for myself.
Chattanooga bound...probably Sunday AM.

Would a good piece of glass siliconed over the chip it give it strength? Kind of like a bulkhead reinforces the hole it's in? It should spread the load to glas you know is solid. Maybe??

freezerrat;212704 wrote: Would a good piece of glass siliconed over the chip it give it strength? Kind of like a bulkhead reinforces the hole it's in? It should spread the load to glas you know is solid. Maybe??

Actually, the chip is still there. Its more like a cut. I could fill <u>under</u> it with silicone.

freezerrat;212750 wrote: I was thinking like a windshield lamination.

Yeah, I am going to contact a glass shop today and see if they can do a similiar procedure here.

Back