Cindy's Nano

rdnelson

Market
Reaction score
Last Christmas I bought my wife a Fluval Chi. She just wanted a couple of fresh water fish in the Master Bedroom. I soon found that the filter system on those are garbage. With an open top, the water level would drop too quickly and having to treat tap water and top it off every day was a pain. Long story short, it has been sitting in my driveway for several months.

So, for Christmas this year, I gave her a Aqueon QuietFlow AT10 in tank filter and picked up an attractive LED desk lamp from HD. The plan was to go back to fresh water again but with the new filter it would make it a bit easier. However, one of her favorite fish was a Lawnmower Bleeny we lost when I had the brook outbreak in my 125. The other day I noticed Spike was looking to sell a Molly Miller which I believe my wife will really like.

So this build has turned into a SW Nano build. :D For a while at least, we will have no coral. Just the one fish. Depending on how it goes, I may add another cool nano fish at a later date and/or upgrade the lighting and add some easy corals. We will see.

No pictures yet because the tank is sitting on the kitchen counter full of tap water and vinager so I can get it cleaned up nice. Over the next couple of days I need to pick up a little bit of live rock and some sand. May take some sand from the 125 but it already needs to be replenished a bit so I might as well kill two birds with one stone. Because I want to get the fish from Spike sooner than later, I am going to try to pull this off without a cycle. The key will be the rock. I do have two media bags of matrix that have been sitting in the sump of the 125 and may stick them in with the rock for a week just to help ensure the rock is seeded well.

For top off I will keep a nice sealed container of RO next to the tank so she can easily add just a bit each day. I would like to come up with a nice ATO set up but I am concerned on how it will look.

no sump? you can use a small setup like i have on the seahorse tank and use a small float at the top back corner of the tank.

Nope. No sump. Need to keep it very clean looking. May go with a small floadt switch if I can hide it well with the rocks but really don't want to see much other than the heater and filter in the tank if I can avoid it.

Ah no. LOL I am using the Fluval Chi but just tossing the filter and light that comes with it. LOL

Just checking.........

See how quickly I move in on the Scoop-Up???????

That's the way I roll!

:D

rich you could use this info

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=63036">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=63036</a>

Above is a small write up I did for mine. I would increase the pump size as this was just a lil’week. I also have a 12vdc power supply now instead of the car battery. it actually runs 2 sets of relays for 2 separate tanks.

you could use a flower pot to hold the rodi container under the fake flower.

the float they used is small but no snail/splash guard. and they say you need to protect the top for water going in. the ones i use from Mcmaster carr completely can go under water as mine do a min of 1 to 2 hrs a week during wc's. after draining the water for the wc. I loop the new water in the sump so it dilutes or mixes with the current water before sending it to the dt. this also allows me to feed the tank heavily once a week so everything does not go in the sump's filter soc as soon as i put it in the tank.

Back