Clam Cannon

rodasphoto

Market
Reaction score
Was at the Georgia Aquarium today and saw that they shoot food using a pump to feed the otters. They had an accompanying video but was not able to check it out. Does anyone have any ideas on how they do this? I also saw on Tanked where they could blast food into the tank. I would like to do this when I set my tank up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Fairly simple, you'll need 3 ball valves, 3 tees and 2 90s. You'll build a bypass off a main return line. 2 of the ball valves are used to isolate the food loading section, the food loading section is a tee between the 2 ball valves. The third ball valve is on the side end of the tee. When the loading section is isolated the 3rd ball valve is opened and food can be loaded. Close the loading valve, open the 2 isolation ball valves and the food shoots into the tank.

Thanks. I was hoping I could rig something where I would not have to open valves manually. Is there a way I could do this automatically with an autofeeder, apex and some selenoids?

Scuba Steve;1117242 wrote: Fairly simple, you'll need 3 ball valves, 3 tees and 2 90s. You'll build a bypass off a main return line. 2 of the ball valves are used to isolate the food loading section, the food loading section is a tee between the 2 ball valves. The third ball valve is on the side end of the tee. When the loading section is isolated the 3rd ball valve is opened and food can be loaded. Close the loading valve, open the 2 isolation ball valves and the food shoots into the tank.

Not very good at words. Can you post a diagram/drawing?

Back