Clarkii vs. Wrasse

jcook54

Secretary
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
Well gang, you can all breathe a sigh of relief, I caught the splendid dottyback and she's now in her new home. That means that I've got a large watchman goby and a gigantor- Clarkii clown as the only inhabitants of my 60g display. I want to add a wrasse that can help with copepod and pest control and I'm leaning towards a melanurus wrasse. Here's the catch, the Clarkii is just plain mean. I don't want to introduce a new fish just to have it harassed to deal. The dottyback that was removed had been in there for years but really kept to the rock work because the Clarkii would take off after it whenever it was doing it's fish thing.

So, do you think I could introduce a new malanurus wrasse to my tank and have it survive? It's a big clarkii. And she's mean. Evil really. The posted picture is an old tank shot but you can see all 3 fish in the shot. I guess the dottyback did alright but they can be pretty mean on their own.

IMG_20181215_163946.jpg

My personal opinion is that the melanaurus should be able to hold its own, especially if you get a bigger one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back