clean-up crew for 320g

twistoflime

Market
Reaction score
Well it's actually a clean up crew for 320g display tank and a 75g sump. I don't know were to start. Do you wait until the tank is completly cycled until you add snails and hermits(I only waited a week with my tank but It only took my tank about 6 days to cycle. I expect that this big tank will take a longer time to cycle). Also how many crabs, smails, and other inverts should I get. I really like seahares and I've heard they eat ALOT of algea, would that be a good choice? I'm also looking into a blue linka starfish but I have heard that they don't do well in captivity, is there a way to makesure it will live? Sould I add some lettuce nudibarches? Any info would help.
Thanks, Diane

yeah, i wanted a month for my 29g to add snails and crabs.. then another 3 weeks and i added 2 fish and a coral gsp.. so i guess it would take around a month.. but idk
seahorses are slow animals, thus they have to be housed by them selves because they cant compete for food and would just starve to death..
id get 400+ crabs and snails to tell you the truth.. 320g is pretty huge in my opinion and id wait atleast a month before adding stars or anything "fancy" so to speak

A sea hare would be a bad choice at the moment. They eat--and need to eat--lots of hair algae. Unless you've got a hair algae problem (and if you do at this stage we gotta talk!) he'd just starve to death.

Gwhiz;244494 wrote: A sea hare would be a bad choice at the moment. They eat--and need to eat--lots of hair algae. Unless you've got a hair algae problem (and if you do at this stage we gotta talk!) he'd just starve to death.
Do you have a seahare cause I've got a gair algea problem in my 30g. Any way I guess I won't get one for the tank because it would starve. If anyone has one that they can just loan me for a week or so that would be great. Also I've heard that you can feed them algea sheets.

Back