clean up crew in a predator tank

jaydm93teg

Market
Reaction score
not really sure if it qualifys as a predator tank but.

1) snowflake eel
1) barred moray eel
1) humu trigger

what do you guys suggest as a clean up crew for this tank? i know trigger eat
up on hermits and stuff so i need suggestions

thanks guys

Turbo snails. Maybe a sea apple. A conch would probably do well at detritus (I think). A larger crab that can defend itself.

jaydm93teg;240722 wrote: not really sure if it qualifys as a predator tank but.

1) snowflake eel
1) barred moray eel
1) humu trigger

what do you guys suggest as a clean up crew for this tank? i know trigger eat
up on hermits and stuff so i need suggestions

thanks guys

Right hand+left hand+siphon+elbow grease :up:

Seriously though, I'm not sure, but I assume you'd be doing the cleanup on your own as they'll eat most cleanup guys.

anytype of star fish that would do any good for the system?? got a little hair algae growing on some rocks what type of crabs do you guys suggest. emerald crabs are kind small.... arrow crabs??

I have heard that urchins will eat hair algae and I dont think your eels would bother it

cool.....i will deff. make sure i can have an urchin and then add one....now my next question is there any type of starfish that would be ok in there?

im sure the humu will make a goos snack of a star.. but im no pro so maybe some one else can help bc im wanting to know all this as well

hey tyler how big is your tank?? and what all do you have on it like skimmer and sump and all that. pm me if you would like sir!!!

i have a 175 with a niger, pinktail, clown, and picasso trigger. As well as a large red volitan lionfish, and a fu-manchu lionfish. My cleanup crew consists of about 5 or 6 good size strawberry red leg hermits, as well as a cowry who takes care of the glass.

jgill. my 90 reef tank has a cpr hang on back skimmer and that is it besides powerheads and live rock

my 55 gallon eel tank has a big black hang on back skimmer (not sure of the brand i bought it used but it does a killer job) and a bio wheel 330 hang on back filter that i took the bio wheels off and made it a basic media chamber

i dont have sumps or refugiums on either of my tanks i will try to get pictures of both up when i can get a decent camera. my 90 has been up and runnning a little over a year with great coral growth and fish growth so im not gonna mess with a sump on that one.........the 55 eel i may put a sump on depending on how good of a job the HOB skimmer and filter do with keeping the tank and water clean it is a work in progress bud deff. fun to have a "reef" tank and a seperate "predator tank"

Kwasniew;240889 wrote: i have a 175 with a niger, pinktail, clown, and picasso trigger. As well as a large red volitan lionfish, and a fu-manchu lionfish. My cleanup crew consists of about 5 or 6 good size strawberry red leg hermits, as well as a cowry who takes care of the glass.

i googled cowry and im guessing its a snail?? i just said like cowry shells i never did find any info on it. little help wit this one, what is a cowry?

i was thinking the same thing. i think im going to sit up a 30gal for a snowflake i heav seen a few people keep them in tanks that size and it will just be him in there as i cant put anything else in that size of a tank maybe some damsels any ideas on that

A cowrie is a snail. The shells are popular for jewelry, but they also eat algea in a marine tank. I dont know how effective they are, but I have seem them occasionally at LF stores

a>

if you buy one go to fishscales to get it........he sold it to me for 15 dollars......then he took 20% off of that for the ARC club discount they have like 4 or 5 instock and they are a good 10-12 inches i got him in the tank and he is always out and about swimming already entertained everyone i know im telling you they are well worth the drive up to his store man

jaydm93teg;240992 wrote: if you buy one go to fishscales to get it........he sold it to me for 15 dollars......then he took 20% off of that for the ARC club discount they have like 4 or 5 instock and they are a good 10-12 inches i got him in the tank and he is always out and about swimming already entertained everyone i know im telling you they are well worth the drive up to his store man
was that to me???

oh lol ok yeah i want to go check him out just need to get some time hey man you still got that 55gal i was going to get from you?

ha that is actually the eel tank now sorry man but fish scales had a couple used tanks at his store u may want to check with him I dunno if he is using them when he expands or not

Kwasniew;240889 wrote: i have a 175 with a niger, pinktail, clown, and picasso trigger. As well as a large red volitan lionfish, and a fu-manchu lionfish. My cleanup crew consists of about 5 or 6 good size strawberry red leg hermits, as well as a cowry who takes care of the glass.

That tank is awesome.. Hands down...

Back