clean up crew in a predator tank

jaydm93teg;241267 wrote: ha that is actually the eel tank now sorry man but fish scales had a couple used tanks at his store u may want to check with him I dunno if he is using them when he expands or not

lol thats cool thats what i get for not getting it when i had a chance to i talked to a guy or here that is going to let me get a 55gal tank and stand for 175 thats good but not as good of deal you had for me lol

Back to the topic man.

I apparently did not do my job while you were here because I should have led you through the cleanup crew as well. Urchin will do well for a little while until HuHuma gets to hungry. I reccomend Purple Helmets they are only 5 bucks and are compact in stature. Cowries are great and I have several types upto 7in. Get ordinary large hermits as they are inexpensive and hardworking.

One more thought, Spanish Lobster?

fish I will be there to purchase in 2 weeks thanks again tell me more about this lobster u speak of

Reef lobsters can get fairly large is the down side, well a spanish is between 6-12in when fully grown and Murphy says yours will be the one that gets 12in. More of a show piece imo but he is a scavenger for sure, let me do some reading on thier predatory habits. What other inhabitants are you considering.

a>

Zebra turbo snails instead of regular turbos. The zebras can almost be billiard ball sized and have THICK shells.

I had a longspine urchin in our 300 with Clown Trigger, Dragon Eel, HumaHuma, Black Durgeon and after months one day they just ate him up in a matter of a few hours. He worked well for so long though.

haha you have me wanting that lobster now........im gonna figure something out and pick up a clean up crew from you when i come through there around thanksgiving...prob. pick up an onyx pair for the girlfriends tank as well.......would i be pushing it to want someting like a lionfish in that tank with the eels and trigger?

Should not, might not, could be an issue afterall we are talking about somewhat aggresive fish. I would do it.

The lobster should not be an issue, but you will need to do plenty of waterchanges because you will most likely be overfeeding to keep everybody from hunting.

Back