Clean up crew.

rdnelson

Market
Reaction score
Been a long time since I had a need so I don't know who is at the top of their game lately. My 120 is getting close to needing a starter clean up crew. Who has the best packages lately?

I got mine from reef cleanes.org. Great deals and even has "recomended" packages by tank size.

I have used them in the past with good luck but I seemed to remember some folks having a problem with one of the more widely used ones not too long ago. Anyone else have any input?

I'm in the same boat Rich. I need some for home and for my class room tank. I will likely order from John since they will deliver right to my school during the time I am there. I have also ordered the "build your own CUC" package from LA. Both times it was great.

It's really not practical for me to get from a sponsor since most of them carry only basic CUC critters. I don't have time or energy to drive all over Georgia piecing together the exact stuff I want. I like a variety of things like urchins, chitons, etc.

stacy22;999759 wrote: I'm in the same boat Rich. I need some for home and for my class room tank. I will likely order from John since they will deliver right to my school during the time I am there. I have also ordered the "build your own CUC" package from LA. Both times it was great.

It's really not practical for me to get from a sponsor since most of them carry only basic CUC critters. I don't have time or energy to drive all over Georgia piecing together the exact stuff I want. I like a variety of things like urchins, chitons, etc.

Who is John?? LOL

I have used Reefs2Go as well. Actually like them better I think. Just wish I could remember which one had troubles here a while back.

Bassett22;999762 wrote: I used reef cleaners, the live stock was good quality, but I'm just not a big fan of everything he offers. The micro cerith a are great, but if you order 40, you get around 200. Nerites will crawl right out of the tank. Larger ceriths are great, I also like trochus.

Most packages based on tank size are just massively over estimated in my opinion.

My experience as well.

I order a smaller pack from reef cleaners to compensate for their gross over estimates.

Are you looking for me :D ? I mean; are you looking for this? http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91496&highlight=reefs+2go">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91496&highlight=reefs+2go</a>

Wannabee

P.S. Invoice is in the mail for my services, Rich. Just kiddin'!

Bassett22;999785 wrote: I did too, but still got such a massive bag of mini ceriths I didn't know what to do. Lol.

Not that this is a bad thing. It's just something you don't consider when you order.

Has anyone ever found a site that offers stomatella or other similar hitch hiker type animals?

Would love to find a place that did. Good thing about Reefs2Go was their pods when I bought from them before.

WannabeeaReefKeeper;999782 wrote: Are you looking for me :D ? I mean; are you looking for this? http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91496&highlight=reefs+2go">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91496&highlight=reefs+2go</a>

Wannabee

P.S. Invoice is in the mail for my services, Rich. Just kiddin'![/QUOTE]

That's the one. Thank you sir.

Do they -- (ReefCleaners) pack with heat material? I'm thinking about placing an order, but the cold weather is a concern of mine. I will order some snails and things that doesn't require overnight shipment.

Wannabee

stacy22;999807 wrote: John Maloney is the brother that mainly runs reefcleaners.

Gotcha. I was happier with reefs2go but that was before they had all those problems.

I just got an order in this past Wednesday from Reef Cleaners. Everything was great. Nicely packed. Would recommend them!

I'm needing some too, and was hoping for some black friday or CM love, but have yet to see anything good?

Let me know if you see any. My work week will be crazy and I won't have time to do any looking. Would love to time an order for Sat delivery if I could.

Best place i found is ebay look up at_your_door_fishstore o ebay his name is kevin out of st pete Florida his prices are awesome. His stuff comes alive and packaged well. Not to mention the extras he gives. Message him tell him mark sent you and he will give you the lowest price he can give you. I promise you wont be un satisfied.

Back