Cloudy Tanks this morning!

Haha, I know it's not milk because my roommate was complaining about us being out of it on Saturday morning because he was hung over and wanted cereal.

I have had a problem like this in a 30g tank and a 55g just recently. Couldn't see from the length of one end to the other. Never realy figured out if it was an algae bloom or bacteria type bloom. This is what I do.

I have a 9 watt UV that I only use on occasions like this. I hook up the UV to a 75 gph fountain pump (input to uv) then I put a curved lift tube from a 100gph or 150 gph HOB filter on the output hose of the UV. Put the siphon tube in the HOB hang on tank and start both pumps. Turn on UV and let it do it's thing. I put floss in the HOB. After 18 to 48 hrs tank is crystal clear. The HOB catches most of the crap the UV kills. The flow through th UV is slow enough to kill whatever is causing this haze, for me anyway. It has worked 3 times I've used this method. I then remove UV and HOB rinse and store till next time. I attached a picture that may help.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
360821=17648-UV_setup.jpg
>
360821=17648-UV_setup.jpg
class="gc-images" title="UV_setup.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back