Clown eggs

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
My clown fish laid some eggs in the corner of my 120 DT tank.I don't know anything about what to do.Any thoughts.

I was just asking about that. I asked Jeremy from SEA Atlanta. He said you can just leave them in there and nature will take it's course. Meaning something will eat them or they'll get skimmed out. Or you can remove them and place them in QT, but it's pretty hard to feed them once they hatch, he said. I just know the clowns get really territorial once they lay the eggs!!

If you have the time, you should try and raise them. It's a really fun and a good experience. It takes a couple try's though..

I wish there was a easy way to take care of them.I don't even know the proper way to get the eggs out.Maybe someone can give me a step by step to care for them. If not,They most likely will end up in the skimmer.

I've heard you can suck them out with a syringe and i've also heard that the best way to do it (in the future) is to pull out the female so she will lay eggs in a different tank - where you can then remove her and raise the eggs on their own.

Crew;1021899 wrote: I've heard you can suck them out with a syringe and i've also heard that the best way to do it (in the future) is to pull out the female so she will lay eggs in a different tank - where you can then remove her and raise the eggs on their own.

Thanks for the info.Im not into breeding clowns,it just so happened the male clown thought she had a nice tail.:shades:

in that case just leave them in the tank and they will go away in some fashion or another.

Put on some tacky 70s music for the clowns and hang a disco ball. They are screaming for atmosphere.

Fishlips;1021924 wrote: Thanks for the info.Im not into breeding clowns,it just so happened the male clown thought she had a nice tail.:shades:

Bhahaha. You said nice tail. :D

Ok the kids are telling that if i don't try to save these eggs,Im a murderer.
So where do i buy rotifers

Back