Clown Help!

liverock27

Market
Reaction score
My female clown has some white looking stuff on her back. It is not spots, but more of a coat. Which disease do I need to be treating for? Thanks.

She has shown no signs of bein sick. No rapid breathing, eats like a horse, and is swimming all over the tank.
I was reading about doing a freshwater dip with Formulin and making sure that the pH matches my tank by using baking soda, but want to make sure I am treating the right disease before I do anything like this.

I have been trying to get a picture, but it doesn't show up on any of the pics I have taken.

That is what I am thinking it might be. Do yall have Formalin at the store?

This picture barely shows the little bit of white on her back inbetween the two white stripes. She is in the back of the picture
The black dots on her have been there since I first put her into the tank and seem to be sting marks from the zoas that she sleeps in.
These two have been in my tank for 4 months now and are the only two fish. I have not introduced anything new to the tank including corals in a month.
DSCN0604.jpg
alt="" />

Barbara;175479 wrote: Drew, sorry to hear of your fish troubles. I have 2 false percs and I'd be heartbroken if they got sick. They are my oldest fish, at almost 4 years old. They were my first SW fish purchase after setting up my tank. I hope you can clear up the problem. Good luck.
Thanks Barbara. I picked up this pair when they were very young, so it would be sad if I can't get her back healthy.
I couldn't pickup any Formalin before I went out of town, but I did do a freshwater dip. I used Baking soda to match the pH in my tank and used a heater and airstone too. The white stuff cleared up and she ate a good bit last night before I left. I am out of town until tonight, so I am hoping that she is doing all right still.
Anyone know where I can pickup some Formalin? Thanks yall.

It actually looks more like stings. One of my clowns had brook. I tried formalin but I had no luck. Now the new clown I bought has brrok as well. I just dont have good luck with clownfish.

All the white is gone off her back and she ate and is swimming around the tank like normal. I am still going to pickup some formalin tomorrow just to have one hand.
TriGa22, the black spots are stings, but she had the same white stuff on her back yesterday morning that your fish has on his tail. It is hard to see in the picture it just came out as a white spot inbetween her two stipes.
Thank yall for all the help again.

<span style="font-size: 12px;">Drew I am sorry to hear of your fish problem. I lost my first set of Percs to Brooklynella. It is a white Vail that appears on the fish. What is really disturbing is I had the first perc for about a month and it was doing fine until I introduced the second one. When I returned to the LFS one of the other Percs in the same tank I got mine from had the disease. I asked what it was and he confirmed that it was Brooklynella. I ended up loosing both clowns and of course got no compensation from the LFS. But it was the last fish I bought there. I tried the fresh water dip and Formalin and they didn’t help. I sure hope you have better luck than I did. I was very upset especially after loosing the second pair ( still a mystery).</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px;">I really think we need a hospital tank to treat sick fish. You can buy a ten gallon tank set up for $35. Getting the sick fish out ASAP is the best chance of keeping the others from catching the desiese. I bought the Formalin from SWC. If you come to the meeting I will give you some. Beware the warning on the label says it is carcinogenic.</span>

Back