clown pair

tomaquar

Market
Reaction score
I set up a 55gal tank and have a pair of false percs. I havent added anything else because I wanted to make sure it was mature and had all the nuisance algae under control. The pair is well bonded now and Im wondering if I need to be careful adding fish to the tank. I think they may view the tank as their private romance reserve.

How aggressive are paired false percs and will normal precautions like adding new fish at night work?

quite honestly with that size tank I would start with a chromis or two to see how aggression will play out. My personal experience with them though is pretty docile towards most tankmates. I had a pair of false percs in with some green chromis , a watchman goby, couple of lil'neon gobies, and six-line warsse. The size tank was a acrylic that measure 24 x 16 x 18.

In my experience those are the more peaceful clowns. I wouldn't add another pair of clownfish but I think you would be find with almost any other peaceful fish. I have never seen my ocellaris be aggressive towards any other fish in my tanks.

Back