clown trigger

Maybe not the first day. But eventually he may kill him. It would be a gamble. I have a Dwarf lionfish in with a Bursa and a Niger Triggerfish in my 125. So far so good,but I would be lying if I said it hasn't crossed my mind a few times. Even the more peacefull triggers can get aggressive in time.

my niger trigger used to give my lion hell--I'd imagine that a clown (which ismore aggressive) it would be a matter of time--Also are you putting the clown in your 75?? They need a little bigger tank-Min. of 100 gallons-the Niger or Undulate trigger might be a better choice for a lionfish-

actually, not much will go well with a clown trigger at all, except the heavyweights of fish- big wrasses, angels, tangs, etc. A lion would become a chew toy for it.

I would vote undulated, closely followed by queen. I met a guy in Panama who had no thumb, complements of a queen trigger protecting her nest (or so he told me).

I'd say it is hit or miss with any trigger you try to put in there. They might not at first, but then later down the road, they might. It is hard to say.

I kept one with mine and they did great-actually the niger was the meanest bas*$rd I 've got--I mean he is a mean SOB--the lion died from an apparent blow from my foxface-(the lion jumped up to get food, and landed on the fins of the foxface)-again, I would just be careful and not overload your 75, because with these fish, you can't have a clean up crew-they will eat them-so keep in mind you're gonna have a kinda nasty tank if you don't do pretty frequent water changes and have good filtration-and they will "butt heads" more also in a smaller tank--and if you do get a lion-PLEASE don't feed him feeder guppies or comet goldfish-it is a slow method of starving them-they can't digest their bones-get them to eating prepared foods-mine ate right out of my hand-literally

Back