Clown vs tang

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
My tang has been in my tank for probably 3-4 months now and ever since I introduced it, it has been scuffling with my female clown. Immediately the tang tried to sleep in my clowns corner and she wanted nothing to do with the tank. I added a small male clown about a month after the tang and the "aggression" between the two continued. Over the last month or two both clowns, more so the female, shows up with a nice cut which I will assume is the tang since it's a clean, straight cut, usually on the back half of the clown. I did notice a deep one on the cheek of the male about 2 weeks ago. She always heals up nicely after a few days but it has me worried that it can get worse. At what point would you pull the tang? Or is this something you would live with?

You could try separating them for a little and maybe rearranging the rock a little before reintroducing them.

Rearranging is gonna be tough with the rock all put together with rods.

Yep, pull the tang to isolation for a week or so. I have moved fish to the fuge then back to DT. All is peaceful and harmonious afterwards...

Back