Clownfish eating my Carpet Anemone?

Raj hit the nail on the head. I had a very similiar situation this past week with my Maroon and a carpet, turns out All clown fish do actually take a nip out of a nem before hosting it.

James. You might have to pass on the carpet to me with the other one and I will clean the glass and clean the skimmer. LOL.

LOL, I hear ya.

A Little Update...... The Maroon clowns have seemed to forget about the Carpet now that it is on the opposite side of the tank, I added my ORA Black clown to the tank and after a few hours it has allready hosted the Carpet. Good Times!!!

IMG_2006.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_2007.jpg
alt="" />

I've never heard of this happening, but is it possible your maroon clowns were defending their anemone by attacking the carpet?

46bfinga;213069 wrote: Lights are still off so they are napping in their RBTA. The Carpet is on the other side of the tank and seems to be doing fine. The Clowns don't go far from their Anemone.

Could it be that the clowns may see the carpet as a threat since they are hosting in the RBTA. That could be why they are biting at it. What are your thoughts 46finga?

grouper;213803 wrote: Could it be that the clowns may see the carpet as a threat since they are hosting in the RBTA. That could be why they are biting at it. What are your thoughts 46finga?

It could happen. They are VERY protective over there Nem.

WILLIAM1;213826 wrote: Congrats.

Thanks Man. I appreciate the trade. I am really enjoying this Anemone. Hopefully everything is working out on your end.

Just getting the nem to you and seeing it happy with a clown makes me happy. Thanks again

Back