Clowns mated

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
I never had the intentions of mating my clowns but of course fish do what they want. They ended up laying their eggs on the body of my frogspawn that was just sitting in the sand that they've been hosting and knocked it over. They are making a huge mess now trying to move the frogspawn around and irritating the coral. I guess I should try to mount the frogspawn and hope it doesn't make them too mad. I didn't see the eggs at first and was moving the frogspawn around and the clowns we're going after my hand.

Lol I'm not going to try to raise the fry, I tried with cichlids and it was too much work. Hopefully they don't tear up the frogspawn too bad before I can move it and mount it.

A possible fix for your coral being beat up; place a clay pot in the tank. This process would allow you to remove the eggs easier in the future. That is; if you decide to adventure down the road of captive breeding. The task is very demanding and takes up much of your time to get the eggs to become little clowns. Good luck and Congratulations of your accomplishment.

Wannabee

Lol I had 2 red jewel cichlids spawn and the male went nutz and killed every other male in the tank in a night , a 6" peacock , a Zimbabwe rock fish , and c moorii . I'd have to be on drugs to want to keep those aggressive fish again.

I had a pair of severums that would breed regularly. My wife would chase other fish away from the fry with a net to try to keep them from getting eaten lol.

hmmm, this makes me consider separating my 2 clowns..

For many months I've been dealing with 3 brichardi cichlids (1 male with 2 females) and they're a baby factory. I was trying to take care of the babies at first but it's gotten to be a hassle.

Back