Compatability of maroon/false perc. clown

ericmcj31

Market
Reaction score
Any experience with the compatability of maroon and a false percula clown? I am thinking of adding a female maroon in my 135 that houses 1 false perc. I have had the false perc. for a couple of years now, I had two, but lost the other in a tank move-this one and one green chromis has been with me since day 1 and I don't wanna lose them- any input would be appreciated!

You could always add the true perc that is avalible in the group buy. Nobody has wanted him/her yet.

I have 4 false perc. They don't have anything to host but from time to time they attempt to go into the maroon's nem. The maroon has her side and they have theirs.

Many people believe that only one species of clown should be in a tank.
I know of many people that have more than 1, myself being one of them, but the Maroon and Occelaris will be an issue sooner than later. You might get lucky and get one that proves most people wrong but I dont know that I would risk the harmony that you already have. Try a smaller Occelaris clown and they will most likely pair up. I worry a little about putting an adult Percula together with another adult clown, also very likely issues.

I totally believe that you can have more than one species of clown in a tank. I housed a pair of occelaris and a pair of tomato's in a 55 together for over 8 years with no problems. I also have a true perc and BW occelaris in my 40b that seem to be paired up. Only problem I might see is the fact that maroons are pretty aggresive.

Back