Condy question...

thedeper

Market
Reaction score
So I got up this morning looked at all my livestock and was checking out my condy that I got about a week or so ago. It looked great, tentacles outstretched long and everything.

Well since it has made its home in the back of the tank behind some rocks I can only see it when I am actually looking for it and the thing has shriveled and there is no sign of any tentacles or anything. What possibly could have caused this? My new Coral Beauty couldn't have killed it, right?

could just be expelling its waste; have you fed it?? what kind of lights is it under/what size tank?? I've heard people having trouble long-term keeping condies good luck

if its the same as bubble tip nems.......then they shrink up when they are expelling waste and it is a normal thing.....like i said i dont know if they are the same as bubble tips but i know bubbles tips shrink up and it is normal

I have fed it but not today... I give it small pieces of shrimp, when I walked up to it there was a piece of Formula 2 veggie flakes hanging out of it.

It is in a 55 gal tank with a 260 watt Power Compact fixture

Condy's will shrivel when they are about to move or expelling waste. WARNING!!! If you have a starfish, they will eat them.... I have personal experience in that. Mine would shrivel up to about the size of a quarter and when fully out would be about 10" long. He should be fine. If not out in a in a day, you may want to take him out and smell him. If it smells really bad, then he is dead.

Ok, I took him out and there was no smell...and it is about the size of a quarter. I moved it into a more concentrated part of the tank where more light hits to see if that would change anything.

I knew that they would shrivel to an extent but never knew that a 6 inch anemone could shrink to a quarter and still be ok.

K, thanks. He is already starting to inflate a little bit so thats a good sign.

Back