Conner's new Nano!

Yeah..you are right! And it will cost only peanuts to run as long as I don't make it a freak show!:yes:

OK..tank is cycled. I haven't added anything to the back chambers yet except filter floss.

Question for the peanut gallery:

Have any ideas on the best filtration for each chamber?

Chambers from left to right:

#1 Overflow
#2 Fuge
#3 Return

I was thinking of adding a chemiclean bag in the top of #1 and some LRR in the bottom of #1. As for #2 I can go for a small fuge; sand, LRR and cheato or I can just go with some filter media for added water volume. #3 is packed but I could fit in a filter bag of some sorts.

Any suggestions?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
247624=14228-12_inch_cube__004.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
247624=14228-12_inch_cube__004.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="12_inch_cube__004.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

As for the lights...

It has 2X13 PC's in the canopy but I am going to add 2X4W HILEDs for a nice shimmer effect and added wattage. I bought
a> from Rosato and these thing are intense.  I was going to use them for LED moon lights on the 160 but they were too bright.  Should be awesome in the Pico. I am going to have to cut them down a bit to make them fit, they are too snug currently with the power plug.

Completed the hood and lights this weekend....and I must say wow. It looks like there is a tiny MH in there! I only added one of the LED bars since there really wasn't enough room. I'll take some pictures and post them up tonight. Still need to figure what livestock I am going to add. Any suggestions?

Here is a picture of the lights. The LED bar has 4X1W White LEDs and produces a very nice shimmer in the tank. The PC's are 2X18W 12K. I think 40W for a 5GAL Pico should be enough. The 2 fans have temp sensors and shouldn't run all the time. I still need to add one more piece of LR that's in my mangrove fuge. My Yashi Goby uses it currently and will be moving into the Pico when I pick up the pistol shrimp from Tim. I might add 1-2 other small fish, maybe a small percula.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
250575=14352-photo11.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
250575=14352-photo11.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="photo11.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Glad your getting use out of the LED's. They do a great job with shimmer effect.

Back