Container under the sump to prevent floods?

phoenix20

Market
Reaction score
Hey ARC

I've been looking for some sort of container that I could put under my sump to help catch water if I have some sort of overflow that over runs my sump....

Anyone have a decent idea? I've googled for rubbermaid type of storage containers, but haven't been able to find anything longer than 32".

Idealy, i'm looking for something that is around 55" long and 15-17" wide. Maybe 10" high or so? Are there any type of metal "troughs" or plastic containers that anyone is aware of?

Thanks!

Before I make my tank switch, I'm planning to make a little modification to the current stand with a 1x4, water sealing paint, and some silicone around the inside of the stand. It would allow for just under 13 gallons of overflow should something happen. Since my top off container is only 5 gallons, it should never overflow the stand, even if the sump overflows.

Just a thought.

Another way to safeguard against floods is to install a small bulkhead near the top of your sump, withthe bulk connected to a hose that runs to a drain or another container.

This would be an easy install on an acrylic sump, but not possible/easy on a glass tank.

our tank stand is lined in a rubber material similar to inner tube to help with just such a thing. it lines the bottom and comes up the sides of the stand a couple of inches, between the floor space and the wall coverage, we could totally drain our sump into the tank stand and be fine.

I have always used a shower curtain liner stapled aroud the top part of the bottom of the stand. This will help with small spills / leaks and only cost like $7.

blu_devl_06;352049 wrote: Or, for that matter you could use an old outdoor pond liner, I could rip the neighbor's up if you like!!!

Not friendly with the neighbor, I take it? lol

I thought about asking if it was Ansley. How do you like it when he cuts grass?

;)

Back