Continuing Saga: Attack of the Hair Algae

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
I have been fighting hair algae for a few months now and after several changes I think, possibly I am on the way to recovery.

Main cause of hair algae: Using treated DOWNTOWN ATLANTA tap water and high levels of phosphates.

Treatments to rid hair algea:
1. RO/DI unit
2. Mithrax Crabs
3. Phosban Reactor

And the most recent addition and winner of the 2007 hair algae eating contest:

4. <span style="color: seagreen;">4" Sea Hare!</span> :thumbs: These guys are amazing algae devourers! If you are in need of something to take care of your hair algae, pick up one of these guys! I bought mine at Cappuccino Bay and I know they had several more when I was there on Sat!

YA, Sea Hares are amazing. I just do not like the fact that they can NUKE your tank if you look at them the wrong way. Sally Lightfoot crabs are my favorite (cheap) solution.

I am glad you posted this. My tank just cycled and it looks like a forest of algae. My clean up crew I think are full and there is plenty to go around. Now I got to find a place around the Newnan area that has them.

I had hair algae pretty bad when I set my tank up. I used rodi water and a Sea Hare and everything is cleabn now. I love him. I let a buddy borrow him that had some hair algae because he was getting skinny.

Good luck

Back