Coral Dip- Bayer Insecticide?

Yes I use Bayer and many of us do. I keep a cheap Glad container that I use only for dipping and another for rinsing. I don't mix it exact, I just shake the container in comes in really well then pour some in till it looks like 2% milk. Here's a thread where several members describe their procedures.

I use it, it's great. You can use about 15ml per cup of water, I don't think there is a time limit on how long to do it for. Cherrycorals.com uses it, they forgot about coral that was being dipped for two hours and it was ok. Just be sure to rinse it well and wear gloves.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

i use it religiously. i have three containers when dipping. 1st for the bayer+tank water, 2nd container for the first rinse, and 3rd for the second rinse. if you rinse your freshly dipped corals with tank water (outside of your tank of course), it should kill/immobilize most of the unwanted hitch hikers. the reason why you may want to rinse it at least once or twice is because i personally had experience where the cleaner shrimp went to pick on a freshly dipped coral frag (without the rinse) and pretty much kill it.

also, i don't go by how much mL per gallon/cup of water per se. i just dump the bayer into the container with tank water until it's milky white. so far, no adverse effect on any of the corals.

Awesome, thanks for the input. One last question is it ok for all corals ? I have some LPS coming , hammer, Torch and a Goniopora

I think I’m on the same side of town as you. I dip 10 ml to half a cup for 10 min. Double rinse like everyone else. I bought my Bayer at Lowe’s. Just a heads up they have a new bottle out so the label is slightly different then what you see in most postings

Attachments

• C0DF0A0F-E1B7-4984-B987-5BF74A19AC01.jpeg
    C0DF0A0F-E1B7-4984-B987-5BF74A19AC01.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
I think I’m on the same side of town as you. I dip 10 ml to half a cup for 10 min. Double rinse like everyone else. I bought my Bayer at Lowe’s. Just a heads up they have a new bottle out so the label is slightly different then what you see in most postings

AWESOME! THANKS
Is that a pic of the new bottle?

AWESOME! THANKS
Is that a pic of the new bottle?
You bet. Hzheng33 bottle is the same as the new bottle but they just changed the name to BioAdvanced. It’s all one word and doesnt say Bayer anymore on the bottle.

I use bayer for most dips but when dealing with sps you should consider a much higher concentration or something else entirely as bayer doesn't do much to black bugs.

I would also remove the frags from the plug and mount them on new plugs.

What would be the reason for that?
And any one on the south side have any plugs? Or actually I could just break a piece of live rock up i guess

Back