Coralife Digital Thermometer?

If it's just a thermometer you want, no controller, Rainbow Lifegard makes a couple of them... a large one, and a small one. Both have air temp and water temp, and they both keep time also (clock feature). The larger one has an "alert" feature that you can set, and it will sound if the temperature goes outside your designated parameters.

They are considerably more than the Coralife, but considerably less than a controller.

Jenn

Wow, I just went to look at controllers and man are they confusing! The RK Lite looks to be good enough for what I would need...but how cool would it be to be able to check parameters from your iPhone!?

Trey if you want to be able to monitor it from your iPhone you want either an AC3 or apex that is the one that has the iPhone app! It is what i want but there is a little $$ problem.

Mockery;358402 wrote: Trey if you want to be able to monitor it from your iPhone you want either an AC3 or apex that is the one that has the iPhone app! It is what i want but there is a little $$ problem.

From what I understand, you can also use Aqua Notes with the AC Jr. no? Do you have to connect these things straight into a modem, I would guess?

Aquanotes is not the same as internet connectivity.

To my understanding, aquanotes just connects to the controller so you can more easily program it. It does not connect it to the web, particularly, even though if you have a ACIII or similar, you can use aquanotes via the web..

The ACJr with serial/aquanotes still is not accesible on the web. The ACIII has an ethernet port, which you need.

I would assume here that to connect to to an ACJR on the web via serial might be possible, but it would need a dedicated computer and someone that really knew what they were doing???

I THINK...

The RKL won't have internet ever, but the RKE already has the ability to monitor and there's talk of making interacting possible. There is also a guy working on an iPhone app for RKE stuff as well.

So with the RKE, do you still have to have it connected directly to a computer? I keep reading about all these BUS cables that come with it.

I actually own about 20 of these coralife thermometers. I had one on each of my 14 75 gallon tanks when I imported Discus. They're all just sitting in a pile on one of my shelves. I bought a bunch when they first came out, because up until they were sold, all digis were in the $25 range. You could buy the Coralife units for like $4.99 from F&S a couple years ago.

WHy is the Apex going to be cheaper than the rest if it's going to be better I wonder? Hmmmm...I already have a wireless access point I used when I ran my Slingbox (worthless POC). I'm sure I could use that with the Apex and have it connect to my wireless network pretty easy.

texhorns98;358425 wrote: So with the RKE, do you still have to have it connected directly to a computer? I keep reading about all these BUS cables that come with it.

The BUS cables connect the modules together. They're all daisy chained with the head unit at one end.

Back