Coralife Super Skimmer 65 or AquaC Remora?

haninja

Lifetime
Reaction score
<span style="font-family: Tahoma;">So my 46g bowfront is running for about a month now and I have both the SS 65 and the Remora. I was running the SS 65 HOB on my sump for 2 weeks and then for the last 2 weeks I switched to the Remora also HOB on my sump.</span>
<span style="font-family: Tahoma;">Both are still producing green water which I attribute to the fact the tank is still “young” with not a lot of bio load. What I noticed with the SS 65 is that is very sensitive to water level. I hade to constantly adjust the knob… however, I now have ATO so this should not be an issue any more.</span>
<span style="font-family: Tahoma;">What I like about the Remora is that you do not have to stop the skimmer in order to clean the collection cup.</span>

<span style="font-family: Tahoma;">I was considering the “mash mode” for the SS 65, anybody has past experience with modding this specific model?</span>
<span style="font-family: Tahoma;">Maybe I should dump both and get a different one? Mind you, I have limited space in my sump. Trying to solicit opinions…</span>

Back