Correct way to set up an aqualifter?

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
I know there is a stupid simple solution to this, but I can stop the drip from my ATO Line after the Aqualifter turns on. The pump itself is above the water line as is a portion of the drip line. help?

I don't have an answer, but have the same concern for a kalk doser I am trying to set up (also using an aqualifter).

Perhaps a check valve of some sort? Either that, or put a t-connector on the input line, just above the highest possible water line, to break any siphon that gets created? (I am speculating, don't know if either of these is the right answer but they are things I have considered as I ponder how to set my configuration up).

Aqualifter pumps will siphon. You want the top of the output line above the high water line in your top-off reservoir to prevent siphon.

George;295297 wrote: Aqualifter pumps will siphon. You want the top of the output line above the high water line in your top-off reservoir to prevent siphon.

Yes have the line from your pump drip into a piece on pvc that goes into your tank or fuge or whatever. that way it will not create a siphon. I had the same problem with my old top off set up.

thanks guys got it fixed.....i had a part of the drip line above the water level and didnt realize that the whole line had to be above the water level . moved it up and wha la!

love the pvc idea by the way. going to do that. thanks.

Back