cowfish dangers ??

jetchris

Market
Reaction score
I was at marine fish today. They had a small yellow cowfish that i almost bouhgt because it looks so cool and seems to have a cool demeanor. I have heard mixed things about them. If i were to buy hime he would go into my reef tank with a yellow tang, PB tang, Niger, and coral beauty to name a few. Do you think a cowfish would get along with these fish. Also i heard they put out a poison when they die but the guy at the store told me as long as you get them out quick it wont poison the system. Please give me some advice on a cowfish.

Thanks,
Chris

btw, marine fish has a bunch of cool sps for sale they just got a shipment - A certain batch of sps they were only giving a 10% discount for ARC??

chrisjet;64227 wrote: Also i heard they put out a poison when they die but the guy at the store told me as long as you get them out quick it wont poison the system.

Always Always ALWAYS trust the LFS guys... they all have Phd's from Pen Island Institute.

I would never put a cowfish in a reef tank. They cannot take much flow and are best in a fish only.
PS. They sure are cute though and will put out a toxin when they die.

yeah maybe one day ill put up a fish only , thanks for the responces

Back