CP anti malarial and what we use as fish med

sharis100

Supporting
Reaction score
So, of some scientific interest, trials are now ongoing in multiple worldwide locations of using chloroquine in a variety of forms- CP, plaquinal, etc - against the new COVID-19 virus. Always new the hobby was going to save us....lol. Seriously, though that would be a cool segue from reef-keeping fish saving into human saving.... Medical researchers are also exploring early stage antivirals developed in the early stages of the Aids crisis as well. Individual medical journals are reporting some successes in using all these methods for lessening viral loads, which hopefully will translate into faster recovery times and a protocol for helping people sooner than later.

That would be great as i started showing symptoms this morning
So sorry, stay safe and monitor yourself. Don’t know where you live, but Northside is setting up a tent testing facility near their ER and I believe Kennestone did the same. I think these will be drive through setups. Dept. GA Public Health is working with feds to roll out sights. If I hear of any protocols for treatment in humans I will share.

Im in Gwinnett. I called my dr and they told me untill i show more severe symptoms I dont meet the criteria for testing. Im fairly healthy so I am not to worried. It is going to be tough staying out of work for a week or two

Im in Gwinnett. I called my dr and they told me untill i show more severe symptoms I dont meet the criteria for testing. Im fairly healthy so I am not to worried. It is going to be tough staying out of work for a week or two

hope you feel better

Man I just thre a
So, of some scientific interest, trials are now ongoing in multiple worldwide locations of using chloroquine in a variety of forms- CP, plaquinal, etc - against the new COVID-19 virus. Always new the hobby was going to save us....lol. Seriously, though that would be a cool segue from reef-keeping fish saving into human saving.... Medical researchers are also exploring early stage antivirals developed in the early stages of the Aids crisis as well. Individual medical journals are reporting some successes in using all these methods for lessening viral loads, which hopefully will translate into faster recovery times and a protocol for helping people sooner than later.
Man!! I just threw away several bottles of Chloroquine that had auto refilled. Was prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis. I don’t have enough bowel left to absorb meds in pill form so got rid of it. My family maybe could’ve used it though.

@york1 , Sorry to hear that you have developed mild symptoms! I pray they stay mild and then gone! The shame of it all is that until your symptoms are worse, you can't even get tested! But hope remains alive. Look at all the people who have shown mild symptoms with no further degrade in their health. Hang in there and be positive!

Hi @york1! I don’t know you personally I don’t think but if you aren’t in one of the high risk groups (over 70 or younger but with a preexisting condition) you should be ok. If you are in a low risk group best thing you can do is stay quarantined so you don’t give it to people who may be in high risk populations. Prayers for your health and well-being.

Try to find Chloroquine Phosphate now. Since this came out about a possible treatment of covid-19 the prices have shot through the roof! Hell, into orbit!

Try to find Chloroquine Phosphate now. Since this came out about a possible treatment of covid-19 the prices have shot through the roof! Hell, into orbit!

The laws of supply and demand! Was $4 a bottle when I was on it.

Would not recommend taking the fish version for human treatment lol....
the trials for humans are ongoing and hopefully they will have some results soon.

I see the price has dropped to 144 was over 500

If you select the drop down next to "Model" and select the 100 gram, it's still over $500. When I first looked at it, the 10 grams was in stock at $50, it's out of stock now.

If you select the drop down next to "Model" and select the 100 gram, it's still over $500. When I first looked at it, the 10 grams was in stock at $50, it's out of stock now.
What is the command for the facepalm emoji. This is the place for it :)

Back