crazy price for RO/DI check it out...

brazilian

Market
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110286586011&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=120302494254&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110286586011&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=120302494254&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4</a>

do you guys think this is legit???:confused2:

Hi Marcio,
Personally, I wouldn't buy it because they can't make one of those for that much.

This reminds me of an otherwise legitimate looking ad for a Coralvue LB Mini pendant on ebay I used Buy It Now for a couple months ago. Turned out they stole an ad, then after I paid they went non-registered. I didn't lose any money because I always fund ebay/paypal purchases with a credit card and did a chargeback, but it was the start of 45 days of stupid, unnecessary hassle.

Lesson I learned: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. But if you take a chance and get one, please let me know how it works out.
Best,
Dave

His feedback is solid, which is not the case with fraudulent fly by night sellers. It is only worrisome because it does seem almost too good to be true... or maybe everyone else just jacks up the price a lot more?

Yeah I agree w/ Jin, most of the rip offs come with very low feedback and his is 100% with close to 300 buys. Honestly, at 50 bucks I am tempted just on principle alone.

Doesn't look bad....but still seems way too cheap..way too cheap.

Just looked at the ebay ad. The Seller is in Taiwan, but states the unit ships from the US. Dunno if that makes a diff. The Seller could be selling at cost or a loss to build up his feedback as well, which could be good to folks buying.

Another thing to look at is wether the sediment and carbon pre and post filters are standard size and can be replaced with US sourced units. I would not like to be dependent on overseas sources. The ad gives the measurements so it should be easy to check out. I can get replacements at Lowes or HD for mine if I need to.

I've purchased thru ebay from overseas three times, and got what I bought each time.

I just looked at his other items for sale. He has a 150 GPD unit for $69. His replacement cartridges and other parts are dirt cheap as well. If he is legit then good find.

FutureInterest;215381 wrote: His feedback is solid, which is not the case with fraudulent fly by night sellers. It is only worrisome because it does seem almost too good to be true... or maybe everyone else just jacks up the price a lot more?

That is usually true, and my Seller was new to ebay, BUT he has a brick and mortar fish store in Greater New Orleans, Louisiana, and he still was an ebay thief. I found his being in the retail marine/reef business just as, if not more reassuring, than solid ebay feedback. I was wrong.

The name of the store is Marine Madness in Marrero, Louisiana, which is Greater New Orleans, in case anyone happens upon any more ebay auctions of theirs.

So the question is...Who is gonna step to the plate and see what the deal is? Haha, I might be able to talk my buddy into going halfers with me.

shipping is $30, so it's hardly some crazy deal.

The water general unit is the same price with shipping. I'd much rather buy from someone who is more honest with their pricing rather than selling the product for cheap only to rape you with high shipping.

it's an ebay unit; i'm sure it would come up with a search.

I have already stepped up and bought it. I have a TDS meter and 0 PPM like it says. I have had it for about three weeks. There were two small leaks at the fittings that were easily fixed with the extra fittings supplied :up:

othercard074.jpg
alt="" />

I got this same unit a while back. It works good. The only problem I had is some of the fittings leaked. Otherwise it works fine. GPD? I don't really pay attention. But it fills a 30g can roughly overnight.

The water general has all clear cartridges; other than that I would think they're the same.

John, I would take the DI cartridges and turn them vertically-they'll work better that way.

Skriz;215607 wrote: The water general has all clear cartridges; other than that I would think they're the same.

John, I would take the DI cartridges and turn them vertically-they'll work better that way.
Thanks Raj. I heard that also so I am going to give it a try

Well, here goes. I am brand new to the hobby but have a good understanding of it. This is my first purchase......so splash I am in. Must have clean water first.

Chris619;215782 wrote: Well, here goes. I am brand new to the hobby but have a good understanding of it. This is my first purchase......so splash I am in. Must have clean water first.
Welcome to the board. You will not regret the purchase of an RODI

Back