crazy price for RO/DI check it out...

johnr2604;215783 wrote: Welcome to the board. You will not regret the purchase of an RODI

+1, it's the best piece of equipment I've ever had.

Awesome!! Now I just need a tank stand ad more equipment. I am thinking the best set up for a 75G setup for live reef would be of course pure 0 ppm water then have a wet/dry along with a sump and protien skimmer. Possibly a cannister also set up before the wet/dry....any ideas or advice appreciated.

the water here is not that bad as is, that unit will do just fine.

Just be sure to get a TDS meter with it to see when you need to change filters, other then that go for it.

My ebay RODI has been kicking out 0tds for 3 years now.

<span style="color: black;">First TDS is Total Dissolved Solids. TDS is the way we tell if our RO/DI water is clean... The less TDS the better shooting for 0ppm (parts per million). There are 2 different types of TDS meters... and in line (the meter is attached to the RO/DI unit and usually shows the TDS of the incoming water as well as the outgoing) and a hand held (a meter that you dip into water to check TDS). The inline meter is very convenient, but you can get a much higher quality meter in a handheld (lab quality).</span>

As mentioned this is my first purchase towards a reef aquarium. My filter system I am thinking should be a combination of a fluidized bed filter with a wet/dry and a canister. is this overkill? What should the order be? I am planning on a 75G with live rock. Adding live coral soon after. Depending on how I am producing optimal water chemistry.

Chris619;216404 wrote: As mentioned this is my first purchase towards a reef aquarium. My filter system I am thinking should be a combination of a fluidized bed filter with a wet/dry and a canister. is this overkill? What should the order be? I am planning on a 75G with live rock. Adding live coral soon after. Depending on how I am producing optimal water chemistry.
Start a thread so the RODI thread dosn,t get derailed ;)

Well... I went in and purchased an Oceanic Tech series 120G Starphire. It is great. Love the stand and top open look. Any one have a hook up on the lick needed for my sump and tank???

For those that purchased the chep RO system on ebay, how is it working for so far?

jp30338;218403 wrote: For those that purchased the chep RO system on ebay, how is it working for so far?
As stated before on page one. I have the exact one posted about and I get 0 TDS had it over a month now and it works great.

<span style="color: black;"> I got mine today... 1st impressions... I'm pleased :D it looks to be a nice unit and comes with a lot more accessories than I got with my last RO/DI unit. For those that are interested... it is a 100gpd unit... at least that is what the RO unit is rated at... I'll post pics as well (eventually). All in all for ~$90... It seems to be a steal... I need to get another TDS meter to see how it really does, but I assume that it will do fine...</span>

agentgreen;218754 wrote: How long did shipping take?
It takes about a week. Costreef is in Taiwan but they ship out of Ohio if I remember correctly

Back