Custom Tanks

theplantman

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone had any dealings with this company? Just curious about experiences, quality and customer service.

<span style="color: #008000;">www.glasscages.com</span>

Do a search... quite a bunch of bad CS threads since I've been here.

(Hope the "do a search" part didn't come across as smart-aleck, wasn't intended that way).

I just sent Fish Scales2 (Chris) a quote request as I've seen a few nice tanks he built.

theplantman;368096 wrote: Has anyone had any dealings with this company? Just curious about experiences, quality and customer service.

<span style="color: #008000">www.glasscages.com</span>

Bad, poor, and very poor. I think you'll find the same results whereever you look. They're known for very poor quality and even worse customer service, but if you want cheap, then go for it. Just don't expect anyone to return your calls or the tank to hold water when you get it.

Thanks,

I just started looking and came across their page, I figured the best place to start the research would be here. Now I don't have to do any more.

And when I pull the trigger, Chris at fishscales will be my first call. I was trying to get a line on costs for budgeting.

Also check Precision Custom Aquatics and MyReefCreations.

mojo;368109 wrote: Also check Precision Custom Aquatics and MyReefCreations.

Thanks Mojo,

I have been thinking about a 60 Cube with Starfire on 3 sides. Just don't want to go for the 2 grand Solana wants for their system.

I have been quite happy with my 100 gallon starfire cube from glasscages. Quality seems on par with other builders.

But the Owner of the company is a Tool. Customer service sucks, but the tank is decent, IME.

Customer service is pretty bad, but I've seen some pretty (and fairly well built) tanks they have produced.

If you go with them, save yourself a headache and order online or over the phone, and then make arrangements to pick it up yourself. The delivery thing is what turned me off the deal.........

You can search the term Glasscages(.com) on this site and retrieve enough info regarding the company. You'll definately find a few posts of mine.

Part of the reason that Mojo isn't a fan is that we bought a Glass Cages 300 gal that someone else originally bought and never set up - when we put water in it for the first time it leaked!!! We eventually found 2 different leaks before we were able to get it set up. Did not appear to us that it had been water tested by anyone prior to our setting it up. It also had some glass shards along the bottom edges of the tank that caused a nasty cut at one point.

plantman - Let me know what you find quote wise I'm looking for the exact same tank, hey maybe chris will even cut us deal for 2..

Yikes,

underlying theme here, sounds like the tanks can be okay, but the customer service issues seem huge. I don't know about anyone else, but I am still willing to pay for good customer service. Seems like alot of people have had to go to the owner for assistance and have not gotten much along those lines. Seems to be a disconnect between the company and the customer. (More like a canyon)

Chris at fish scales beat their price with much better quality, much better service, and local.

mysterybox;368388 wrote: Chris at fish scales beat their price with much better quality, much better service, and local.

Thanks Ralph, I just got done reading some other post threads on Glass Cages and I am going to get a quote from Chris. If you don't mind, I would love to get a look at your tank. How long will it be at Chris's place? I go by flowery branch on my way home everyday and can stop by to take a look.

He hasn't finished it, but it is still there at fish scales. Take a look. Also, go to member tanks and look at my build.

Our local custom tanks come from someone around you guys up there. Should be able to get a real gem and save on shipping. Not local-I have heard good things about aquarium obsessed.

tangsrbest;368565 wrote: try OceaaquariumProducts (.com)
great price and quality

I'm sure their tanks are nice. I tried to get a quote to build my chalice tank. I called Ty's number twice with no callback. I also filled out and submitted an online quote request form they had up while their website was being redone. No response to that either.

I ended up going glasscages because although I don't like the owner very much, at least they return calls, build tanks, and build them in a reasonable amount of time.
Dave

Got a very nice tank from Glasscages and a tour of the facility by the owner. He is a bit "different" when it comes to customer service but the tank was great.

However, since we now have a local guy that is better & cheaper, why not Chris?

I was going with glasscages, until I sent the info to Chris. He added things & beat their price. I guess you'll just have to see this in about a week or 2.

Back