dam... nothing going right

drnecropolis

Market
Reaction score
Well I went and got a clss220 won't fit as a hang on.. Got it figured out though.. Now I have 2 small leaks I have to deal with.. All out of zipties or clamps..I just want to get this working.. Even tried superglue to no avail.. One of the hoses is cut at a fubar angle so that they problem. Anyone have any ideas.. The knob that controls the water level in the cup has a nipple? Anyone know what that is? I had to hook a airline tube to it since it sprays water.. Anyone in the area that can help me is welcom to some free beer

DrNecropolis;225704 wrote: Well I went and got a clss220 won't fit as a hang on.. Got it figured out though.. Now I have 2 small leaks I have to deal with.. All out of zipties or clamps..I just want to get this working.. Even tried superglue to no avail.. One of the hoses is cut at a fubar angle so that they problem. Anyone have any ideas.. The knob that controls the water level in the cup has a nipple? Anyone know what that is? I had to hook a airline tube to it since it sprays water.. Anyone in the area that can help me is welcom to some free beer
I love free beer :yay: I will swing by tomorrow and see if I can help. Like I said I have nothing attached to my return nipple. I believe its for a siphon break. Since you have it sitting beside the sump and a hump in the hose going over the side of the sump this is probably why its spraying out. When my bit gets here we can drill another hole below the rim of the sump if you like and dump it in there above the water line:up:

johnr2604;225706 wrote: I love free beer :yay: I will swing by tomorrow and see if I can help. Like I said I have nothing attached to my return nipple. I believe its for a siphon break. Since you have it sitting beside the sump and a hump in the hose going over the side of the sump this is probably why its spraying out. When my bit gets here we can drill another hole below the rim of the sump if you like and dump it in there above the water line:up:
The tank is drilled, on the back left...maybe I can run it through there..

Yeah Doc, I was gonna meet you last night, then I had a problem with the tank at home and had to rush home, wasn't as bad as I thought but sure am glad that we caught it...

Steve;225805 wrote: Yeah Doc, I was gonna meet you last night, then I had a problem with the tank at home and had to rush home, wasn't as bad as I thought but sure am glad that we caught it...
I got it skimming...(In my waterchange tank...) D"oh

The retrun wants to leak because of back pressure that I can do nothing about..My new phone fried on me this morning...and I still cant get this dam skimmer to act right on the tank...I superglued the return in place to hopefully stop the water from leaking...Not leaking as it runs now but then again no back pressure

Ok...Maybe today will be better....My sidekick is completly gone..2 drop of saltwater and bam keyboard dont work...Have to wait another 2 weeks, but at least I am getting another Blackberry(verizon) and I can watch tv on it..lol

Was expecting a package yesterday, never showed up.
Anyone else hate fedex?
Got the skimmer in the sump(not an easy task mind you) had to drain then finagle a 55gall. sump out from under my stand to get the monster in in there..
Now I have some questions.. If anyone has a CSS 220 please chime in

Barbara;226168 wrote: I got a fed-x story for you Doc. First, I'll start by saying I <u>never</u> had a problem with fed-x before. I considered them reliable, timely and careful.

A few weeks back I ordered 2 buckets of salt from DF&S, along with 2 Koralia Nanos. Thankfully they shipped the nanos separately. The salt came later, via Fed-x. I came home one day and saw a bunch of salt granules at the bottom of my driveway (where we park), and wondered what had happened. I looked over by the garage door and saw that Fed-x had delivered my 2 buckets. It was raining, so they stuffed the 2 buckets under some plastic lawn chairs I had sitting in the driveway. I still couldn't figure out why there was salt in my driveway, so I gave the buckets a closer look. One of the buckets was horribly damaged. Appearantely the fed-x truck had pulled down my driveway, and the bucket fell out and went under the truck. The truck continued to back 100 feet down my driveway, dragging the bucket down the entire length. Looking back up my driveway, I saw a streak of white and orange plastic (from the lid and bucket) scraped the entire length of the driveway, ending with the lid being completely destroyed on one side, which is why there was salt spilled at the bottom of the driveway.

The dang fed-x guys didn't bother to leave a note, or recognize the error in any way. They didn't even put the damaged bucket into a plastic bag to protect it from the rain. Instead, they just ripped it out from under the truck and stuffed it under a chair in the driveway and left. How annoying is that?
Well The package came(wife ordered some more lights and kept it a secret..I still have more to pick up from sal..So as is right now I have 4x39 HO T5,2x250 SE 14k and still have to pick up another 2 set of 2 bulb t5's...The tank shes a glowing

Some pics

S4024225.jpg
alt="" />

S4024222.jpg
alt="" />

S4024223.jpg
alt="" />

S4024224.jpg
alt="" />

Back