DBTC Program

saltyvixen

Market
Reaction score
So i was wandering, does the club have a DBTC (dont break the chain) thing goin on? If not, why dont we? It seems to be a really great thing to do and would be helpful plus exciting. I always wanted to start a PIF (pay it forward) in a mcdonalds line lol but this is cool too. But anyway thought this might be a good idea, Anyone else? For those who dont know what DBTC is, its kinda like a coral propogation program. One member frags off a piece of a coral and gives it to another member under the understanding the frag will be grown out and then fragged to be given to another member, and so on. Therefore spreading coral species around. And it doesnt have to be rare, any coral works.

I'll start it off with a Kenya Tree frag. ;)

BTW, that was a joke unless someone wants a Kenya Tree frag. In that case, I've a few dozen floating around that you can have.

Seriously, I like the idea.
Not only would it be a great way for new reefers to populate a tank, it would be helpful in cases like mine where I've lost a number of pieces while treating my tank for briopsis.

As of now, I'll I've got to offer is Kenya Trees. :huh:

There's definitely been some in the past but I never seem to see them go beyond the first generous person to start it.

Rit has started a few that I remember. Don't remember who got what or what happened from there.

ive done something similar in the past but its just hard to keep it going. maybe if there were a thread where the donors and recipients were listed it would keep people more honest? but who knows

I have given a couple of frags away myself... Not that mine is special...Pico, started me out with a freebie and I figure its good karma to do the same.

I also think that there's a revolving door somewhere. Some people get out of hobby as fast as they get in it.

JDW;956227 wrote: I also think that there's a revolving door somewhere. Some people get out of hobby as fast as they get in it.

yea ive noticed that theres a decent amount of turnaround.

Back