DC pumps

phnman372

Market
Reaction score
I was wondering who is running one of these? I just bought a 120 gal tank. Looking for a pump. Looking at either the 4000 or the 6000. Any input is appreciated!

I've had two 12s and an 8. No issues. I think their worse part is the power supply. They arent big enough. I have bought bigger pumps than I need and leave them turned down abs I place the supply somewhere it will get some air.

Just c wanted to make sure. I ME great pump.I use the 4000 quite and steady performer so far.

Always buy bigger so you can split it for reactors and if you change setups i have a dct 12000 on a 80 only using it to the 4th setting but i have a ton of slack!

jrhunter0000;1091001 wrote: Always buy bigger so you can split it for reactors and if you change setups i have a dct 12000 on a 80 only using it to the 4th setting but i have a ton of slack!
Agreed. I wish I had oversized! I will be going to the DCS series next.

jrhunter0000;1091001 wrote: Always buy bigger so you can split it for reactors and if you change setups i have a dct 12000 on a 80 only using it to the 4th setting but i have a ton of slack!

I have a dct8000 on the first setting and the overflow in my 93 cube can barely handle it.

I also have the 12000. Run it at about the 4th notch on a 90. Really like it.

You mean hooking them up to an apex? Mine is connected to the apex but it's not running it. I've consideres getting the connecting for the rws to the apex bUT the jebao controller works fine

im running a dc3000 on my 40 breeder and i keep it running on the 4th notch as well. i have mine plugged into my apex too so i can turn it off with feed mode but im not controlling it with the apex. also wish i oversized with it as well i can run it full blast but my drain can handle a good bit more flow than the 3000 can throw at it so it slurps a lot of air and makes it noisy unless i run the pump at a lower speed. if ecotech ever releases a vectra s1 ill prob upgrade to that.

Right. They all come with controllers as far as I know.

I have the Dc6000 with the factory controller. Works great on my 90. Have it on 4th setting. Also ree off the return for the fuge

Back